Scientific Advisory Board (SAB)
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) will be a scientific body within the society that advises PNS on evolution in different science fields related to the use of nuclear technologies, among them Biology, Chemistry, Climate Change, Energy, Engineering, Medicine, Mining, Physics and Social Sciences. The SAB members are scientists of high repute, coming from several scientific organizations. Besides serving as advisory body, it is desirable to have at least one member representing each discipline in the SAB.
Charter of PNS-SAB
- A Scientific Advisory Body (SAB) will advise the PNS voluntary.
- The SAB Members will be maximum of 25 Scientists of high repute, coming from scientific organizations.
- The senior most person of the board will be the President of SAB and PNS president will be the Seceratry of SAB.
- Members & the president will be nominated by the council for a period of 3 years.
- The disciplines represented in SAB will include different science fields, related to the use of nuclear technologies. It is desirable to have at least one member representing each discipline in the SAB.
- If needs arise members of SAB will create PNS Scientific subcommittees for work in particular fields, President PNS will be also the president of subcommittee.
- The main task of SAB is to critically review the current situation of the science and technology in the fields of interest of PNS
- The secretariat of PNS will provide administrative support to SAB.
- Contacts should be made primarily by electronic means.
- SAB should meet, preferably during one of the major PNS conferences/AGM.